Know how to bring this Elichi into your diet, Health Benefits of Cardamom, Elichi uses at Home, Cardamom Spices and how to get the best of this spice’s nutrients also know about the side effects of this Elichi
Hello, everyone here we are today writing about an Indian spice which along with enhancing taste of your food also has many medicinal advantages. “Cardamom”,” Elichi” is a spice native to Kerala. It is an aromatic spice counted in one of the most expensive spice.
Minerals and Vitamins in Cardamoms
Cardamoms are known as a powerhouse of antioxidants and essential minerals and vitamins like Flavonoids, pyridoxine, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Vitamin C, A, calcium, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, magnesium, carbohydrates, iron, protein, niacin which helps in improving our body’s health.
Health Benefits of Cardamom
Here are eight wonderful health benefits of elichi that you must know about –
- Cures cough and cold: “Elichi is packed with antioxidants. There are two kinds of cardamoms, green and black. Black cardamoms help in curing colds and cough and certain respiratory problems. It imparts warmth to the body.
- Aids digestion: Due to its strong aroma, it helps in activating our taste and sensory elements and thus, aid digestion. Elichi is good for curing stomach problems like indigestion, gas, and constipation.
- Prevents bad breath: The floral and sweet aroma of cardamoms makes it a natural breath freshener. A major component of cardamom oil called cineole is known for its antimicrobial properties that promote oral hygiene and it also fights bacteria that cause bad breath.
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Secret to longevity
- Boosts blood circulation
- Regulates your blood sugar levels
- Supports weight loss
- Cures insomnia
- Treats anxiety
- Cures acidity and hyperacidity
How you can implement cardamom in your diet here are some recipes that are easy to make and some methods to consume Elichi
Take 2-3 elichi and place it under your teeth put it there until it starts extracting its juice.
Mix with tea
Cardamom can add excellent flavors to your tea. Steep some pods in water along with honey and drink this elichi tea as an effective natural remedy for flu.
Cardamom (green elichi) in shakes and smoothies
Cardamom can be implemented with any shakes and smoothies it goes with every drink. You can add cardamom to your mango shake, banana shake, green tea, black tea, and any smoothie all you have to do is take some elichi and crush it, you can eat its outer covering also but if you don’t like its outer covering you can always remove it.
Cardamoms (black and dried elichi) can also be used in rice or pulao. Pulao/ biriyani is an Indian fried rice in which all the veggies are present either you put cardamom with oil or you put elichi powder in it both will work.
There are a lot more recipes related to elichi, these listed above are few of the simple methods in which you can use cardamom for your diet.
CARDAMOM IS FULLY LOADED WITH ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS, MINERALS AND VITAMINS BUT SOME MEASURES NEED TO BE TAKEN. KNOW SOME OF THOSE MEASURES HERE
Well, there are no such reported side effects of eating Elichi you can eat it on a regular basis but remember anything eaten too much whether it is any medicine can cause harm to our body. So don’t eat too much of it in a day.
As elichi is one of the most expensive spices, therefore in our next article we will be sharing about some ayurvedic uses and how to make Elichi medicines at homes also how to grow elichi.
Thank you for reading