KIWANO (HORNED MELON)
Know More About Easy Ways to Eat Kiwano Fruit, Health Benefits of Kiwano And Essential Minerals And Vitamins Present In It That Will Benefit Your Body.
Kiwano is native to the Kalahari Desert in Africa. Kiwano is also known as horned melon because of its horn like structure. Apart from its appearance horned melon has a gel-like greenish pulp with melon-like seeds it has cucumber like taste its taste is also compared to that of banana, kiwi and passion fruit. It has a bitter and sweet taste. So in this article, we will be telling you more about health benefits eating horned melon, minerals and vitamins present in it, natural ways and recipes of eating it and at last some measures you need to take before eating this fruit.
VITAMINS AND MINERALS PRESENT IN KIWANO FRUIT THAT WILL BENEFIT YOUR BODY
Per 100gm, i.e. 1 kiwano (horned melon) contains 88.97 g water, 7.6 g carbohydrate, 1.26g fat, and 1.76g protein other than this it also contains many vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, B, C and too essential minerals like calcium, potassium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, zinc.
KNOW ABOUT SOME HEALTH BENEFITS OF EATING KIWANO FRUIT
There are many vitamins and minerals present in horned melon that will help improve your health. Now let’s look at some actual benefits of eating kiwano.
Kiwano or Horned Melon benefits include:
- Improving digestion,
- Preventing cancer,
- Slowing down the aging process,
- Reduces stress,
- Improving visibility
- Strengthen Bones.
- Some other benefits of eating horned melon include promoting cognitive function,
- Reducing hair fall,
- Enhancing the skin,
- Maintaining heart health,
- Improving brain health,
- Treating iron deficiency,
- Curing diabetes,
- Aiding recovery from heat stroke,
- Strengthening muscle, and
- Decrease the risk of obesity.
KNOW SOME OF the EASY WAYS TO INCORPORATE KIWANO IN YOUR DAILY DIET
Mix in salads
- Take two horned melon
- Sieve the seeds and pour melon juice and two tbs sugar/honey in a bowl mix well and enjoy.
- ½ Kiwano
- ½ lime
- 2tbs honey/sugar
- 150 g vanilla ice-cream (any you like)
- 150 g yogurt
- Sieve the horned melon juice; add melon juice, honey/sugar, yogurt, and lime in a blender. Mix well. Pour it in a glass and put your favorite ice cream in it and enjoy.
- Four fresh tomatoes finely chopped
- One onion finely chopped
- One horned melon pulp
- Red chilies finely chopped
- One lemon, juiced
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Two tbs olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well in a bowl garnish with fresh coriander/cilantro and your horned melon salsa is ready to eat.
MEASURE YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE BEFORE INCORPORATING KIWANO IN YOUR DAILY DIET.
Although melon has many health benefits and essential minerals and vitamins, eating too many of kiwanos can bring harm to your health if you eat too many of benefiting medicines after some time it will start affecting your good bacteria that help fight against many diseases. Same goes for horned melon also if fed too much it can cause many stomachs and heart-related problems. It can also be allergic to some people if someone is allergic to cucumbers it is possible that that person might be allergic to horned melon also this allergy can lead to many skin related problems and swelling in body parts.
So check before you eat horned melon fruit and not only horned melon consult a doctor before consuming any fruit.
Do write to us regarding any information you want us to write about any particular fruit you want to know about. Please don’t forget to comment below.
Thank you for visiting our page.
Stay healthy, be fit and eat kiwano but don’t eat too many of them.