Learn Health benefits of Lychee, Lychee Nutrients and side effects and more about these fruits. Fruits are an amazing anti-depressant, to know more about its nutrient chart, health benefits, reactions and facts then read the following article:
What is Lychee fruit?
Lychee is a small sub-tropical fruit which is red in color from outside and from inside it is off-white. This fruit is small in size but is very tasty and is the second highest seller among fruits after Mango in India.
This fruit is native to China and other South Asian countries. Highest cultivators of litchi are China and India. It is sweet in taste and comes from a family of Soapberry or Sapindaceae.
Another member of this family is Rambutan which shares very similar characteristics from litchi. To know more about Rambutan you can get the link from here.
Let us now know more about this amazing fruit in detail below, which nutrients does it carry with itself.
Lychee nutrients and minerals
Lychee and Rambutan share the same nutrients and minerals because they are from the same family. We have mentioned them in our earlier post.
Some of the major minerals and vitamins present in Lychee are listed below:
- Vitamin C
Lychee health benefits
We will discuss some health benefits of these fruits,
Because of high water content it:
- Hydrates body
- Digests food
- Removes all toxic agents from the body
- Treats inflammation
- Cures acidity
Because of the high amount of Vitamin C it:
- Increases immunity
- Upgrades metabolism
- Boosts energy
- Improves eyesight
- Bring a glow to your skin
- Improves hair grow
- Vitamin C is very good for the liver
Because of high potassium and phosphorous content (since they both are salts) they:
- Reduces low B.P problem
- Helps cure constipation
- Reduces depression
- Lowers anxiety and nausea
- Elevates your mood
Because of the presence of calcium:
- Increases bone density
- Improves teeth health
Every fruit will have these benefits, therefore, it is said that fruits are blessings from the God, He, the Almighty created illness but he created its cure also. We just need to look around,
Also Read: How to grow lychee
Side effects of Lychee
Lychee is a fruit which has an enormous amount of water and other minerals as listed above but it has a lot of sugar also. It is not only healthy but tasty too. It provides us with a healthy body as well as skin.
Apart from the fact that it is very healthy, but it has side effects too, which could be very dangerous at times and can lead to death.
Let us have a look at some risks of eating Lychee at a very high rate i.e. eating more than 1 kg Lychee per day (quantity varies from person to person calorie intake and their health conditions)
- Loose motion
- Dry nose
- Bleeding Nose
- People who experience itching, headache and choked throat after consuming litchi must consult their doctor
Facts about Lychees
- Never drink water after eating a Lychee
- Take a good look at it before eating as it has small white colored worms, which are not visible at once. Those worms will be located on the top of litchi and nowhere else, so that is part you are supposed to see properly.
- Do not consume its seed it can be toxic.
- Never eat this fruit directly after buying, it is necessary to soak it before you eat it, else it can have reverse effects on your body.
- You can even make sharbat out of it, it is very yummy and healthy. (PS: If you want to know how to make sharbat from lychee do mail us or mention it in comments we will write our next post on it.)
To know about more different fruits and their benefits be connected with garden-infographs