Why should we eat papaya and what are the benefits we get from eating papaya? Know all about how to bring this Tropical fruit into your Diet and how to get the best of this fruit’s nutrients also know about the side effects of Papaya
Hello, dear readers hope you are doing fine, today we have brought an article full of information about papaya fruit, papaya nutrition, papaya recipes and side effects of papaya. Papaya is native to southern Mexico. You will be surprised to know that there are 3 sexes of papaya in which male papaya is only for pollination, female produces inedible fruit unless pollinated and the third category that is hermaphrodite which can self-pollinate to produce fruits. So if you have a papaya tree at home check whether its male or female by looking at their flowers.
Also Read: How to grow Papaya
Health benefits of Papaya
Know more about minerals and vitamins in it which helps in improving our body’s health here are some nutrition you must know about.
Papaya is famous all over the world because of its amazing aroma, and taste. It is a world-wide famous fruit. Now let us have a look at Papaya nutrition value chart.
- Carbohydrates 22.4 g
- Sugar 11.2 g
- Fat 0.7g
- Dietary fiber 2.2g
- Protein 2.2g
- Water 72.9 g
- Vitamin E,C,K
All these minerals and vitamins are fine, almost every fruit contains these things, therefore it is said there is no better medicine than fruits. Now let us have a look at some benefits from all these minerals and vitamins.
Benefits of eating fruit on a regular basis, nutrition can bring a lot of difference to your health.
- Boosts immunity
- Helps in fighting fungal and viral infections
- Increases RBC in our blood ( eat during a viral fever for fast recovery )
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- Improves eyesight
- Regulates blood sugar
- Lowers risk of stroke
- Regulates moods
- Reduces the risk of depression
- Improves skin health
- Improves digestion
- Helps in weight loss
- Fights dehydration
We have read about all the health benefits, nutritional value chart and we have talked about how much importance is of fruit to us, but how to make people eat papaya especially kids who don’t like it. Next, let’s have a look at some easy to make recipes from papaya and bring its nutrition to our home.
Also Read: What are the health benefits of papaya.
Read how you can implement papaya in your diet know some of the recipes that are easy to make and that are healthy too.
- Cut Papaya and put it into a jar
- Put 1 cup milk, ice cubes, 1 spoon sugar in it and mix well.
- Ready to serve chill.
2. Fruit salad
- Take fresh papayas, peal out its skin and remove all the un-necessary seeds from it.
- Cut different shapes out of fruit, if you have cookie molds then you can use them, cut interesting shapes from it.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala and icing sugar on top of those pieces.
- Your fruit salad is ready to serve your children will also love them.
- ½ cup Papaya
- Half cup coconut milk / regular milk
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 2 tbs honey/sugar
- Put everything in a grinder and mix well. Now put ice-cubes and serve chilled.
- It can be made into delicious vegetable.
- papayas that are not completely ripped i.e. papaya with a green outer covering.
- It is not different than other vegetable takes papaya and peel its outer covering, remove seeds and cut into pieces.
- Add some cooking oil in the pan and toss onions, tomatoes, potato some olives and papaya pieces into it, now add some salt to taste and all the necessary spices into it.
- Your vegetable is ready to serve.
- There can be multiple ways to make a vegetable. Try your own also.
These are just a few recipes from our homes and some of our granny used to make for us. You can create your own recipes also. There’s a lot you can make with a delicious fruit like Papaya.
See More: Recipes
Side-effects of Papaya
Papaya is fully is loaded with essential nutrients, minerals, and vitamins but along with its nutrition and beauty, some measures need to be taken. Know some of those measures here.
It is considered a safe fruit to eat but due to its high source of dietary fiber, potassium, and calcium it can cause some stomach related problems like gas trouble, rotten teeth, acidity or upset stomach only if eaten too much.
Every medicine whether natural or man-made can have side-effects in your body if eaten too much. Though it is one of the most tempting fruits to eat you need to grab control over your mouth while eating it. So make sure you don’t eat too much of it just 1-2 a day.
It can also cause problems for pregnant women, it is recommended not to consume fruit during pregnancy especially un-rip papaya. If you want please contact your doctor first. You can buy fruit from your nearby store make sure you don’t keep it for a long time it can rot. If your fruit is rotten you can see the dark brown slimy surface on top.
Happy living friends, try This if you have not tried it ever and share your experience with everyone including us. Stay safe, eat healthily and remember there is nothing important than family, love them and we will bring more related articles for you to keep your loved ones safe and healthy. Hope you like our articles and if you do, please comment below and share our articles.
Must read: Banana Health benefits. Health benefits of papaya. Pineapple Health benefits and nutrients. Health benefits and nutrients of Herbs. Fennel health benefits and nutrients facts. Health benefits of Dragon fruit.