Know Health benefits of Lotus, Lotus side effects and nutrients facts and more about this article. Lotus roots have a wide range of health benefits owing to its rich nutritional composition, and some of the benefits include its ability to improve digestion, control cholesterol, lower blood pressure, prevent cancer, boosts the immune system, balances mood and relieves depression, increases circulation, and maintain proper enzymatic activity in the body.
The root is a long, woody object that attaches to the bottom of the pad and can stretch up to 4 feet. It is frequently used as a vegetable in Asian cuisines within soups, or it can be deep-fried, stir-fried, braised, and other interesting ways of cooking this healthy food.
Health benefits of Lotus
- It stops diarrhea.
- It solves the problem of inflammation.
- The oil of lotus helps in producing more melanin in the body and thus helps in combating the problem of grey hair. The lotus hair rinse makes the hair shiny and bouncy, adding life to dull and brittle hair.
- The stem of a lotus contains vitamin C which helps to regulate the blood.
- Drinking its tea acts as a stress buster and helps in easing the tensed mind and frayed nerves.
- In lotus some sebum (waxy substance) that can cause acne breakouts when it builds up and clogs the pores of your skin.
- It has good amounts of minerals, vitamins and particularly phosphorus in lotus supply the body with the required nutrients to keep the bones healthy and strong.
- Grind it’s seeded with honey, to control cough and cold.
- Leaves contain L-carotene that boosts metabolism and provides energy to the body, using up the body fat and hence not allowing it to settle in the body.
- Its cure cancer also.
The appropriate dose of it depends on several factors such as the user’s age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for lotus. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.
Side effects of Lotus
Control lower blood sugar levels in some people. You can use lotus as herbal medicine to Watch for signs of low blood sugar and monitor your blood sugar.
They might lower blood sugar level. There is a concern that taking lotus as medicine might interfere with sugar control during and after surgical procedures. Stop that at least 2 weeks.
You can read also about diabetes: Herbal plants that prevent diabetes.
Must read: Banana Health benefits. Health benefits of papaya. Pineapple Health benefits and nutrients. Health benefits and nutrients of Fennel. Health benefits of Kiwi fruits. Custard apple Health benefits and nutrients. Mango health benefits. Health Benefits of Hala Fruit.